The Emerald Necklace Inn & Tea Room is one of Cleveland’s historic treasures. This brick building built in 1863 during the Civil War. ” One of Fairview’s most tender love stories began in this valley setting”. NIck and Mary Gilles, 53 years of marriage Gilles Sweet School is a name sake for their son. In 1910, Nick was voted the 1st Treasurer of the city and was fondly remembered by every new bride who who came to the store; she received a washboard as a wedding gift. This tradition is carried on today with the Emerald Necklace Inn, (1999), Inn Keeper, Anna Lytvyn. Today the building houses a Bed&Breakfast, Tea Room. Proud of their roots, new generation of the Gilles family visit. Family members are buried in Fairview Park Cemetery.